Thursday, August 31, 2017

Tess Holliday


I popped in to see Tess late the other evening. We caught up,  and shot some beautiful polaroids. This was my first time shooting Tess and it was pretty amazing. Of all the incredible women in my life there are many ways in which I relate most to Tess. I am not a size 14 like man of my friends.. in fact I was a size 14 in middle school. So when it comes to body image, and being fat I identify so much with Tess. After our shoot Tess posted some of the images with a really powerful quote about fat sexuality.. and it really resonated with me. My whole life I was made to feel like I was not desirable, or allowed to be sexual. Boys rarely liked me, and if they did some of them felt the need to be secretive about that fact. Being a fat girl/woman is complicated enough.. but add sexuality into the mix and it's an entirely different story.






No comments: