Sunday, January 6, 2013

Les Miserables

The holidays gave me much needed time to stop, rejuvenate, and spend time with my family. Unfortunately the two week break has left me feeling a little lazy and in need of inspiration. I've taken the first week of January (and the next couple of weeks) to saturate my mind with art, films, music...anything to put my mind and soul to work creatively. So today I went to see Les Miserables. All I can say is that it was an epic production, and it shook me to my core. I can't remember the last time I was touched so deeply by a film (maybe Titanic when I was 9 years old, Requiem for a Dream when I was 17). I cried almost the entire time... this film touched me visually, emotionally, musically... it was incredible and the cinematography was beautiful. It was a spiritual experience for me. Do yourself and go see it, and in the mean time look at these incredible photographs of the cast shot by Annie Leibovitz


No comments: